Clubs & Extra-curricular Provision
General Club Information
We are really proud of the wide-range of extra-curricular activities that we offer at Fircroft. Before school, during lunchtime and when the school day ends, our halls and playgrounds are buzzing with children having fun and exploring new interests.
Clubs are an important part of life at Fircroft and the majority of our children regularly take part in extra-curricular clubs. Last year over 350 children attended one or more clubs!
We believe clubs offer children the chance to broaden their life experiences, improve their fitness and develop their team working skills. We ensure that pupils who are eligible for the pupil premium grant are able to take part in one free club each term.
Some of the clubs we have offered recently include: Ballet, Basketball, Board Games, Boxercise, Mother Nature Science, Chess, Choi Kwang Do (Martial Arts), Choir, Comic Making, Cooking, Cricket, Drama & Acting, Elite Gymnastics, Football, Film Club, Funky Dance, Girls’ Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Home Learning, Kick Rounders, Lacrosse, Lego Robotics, Little Artists, Multi-Sports, Play Phonics, Playball, School Football Squad, Table Tennis, Tennis and Yoga.
Please email the clubs address if you have any suggestions for clubs that you would like to see on offer at Fircroft: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID safety during clubs
Many clubs and activities beyond school are now open and we feel that we can continue to offer clubs safely at Fircroft.
COVID SAFETY MEASURES
We are following the measures below to ensure pupil and instructor safety during clubs (in addition to all our other measures):
- washing hands before and after sessions or using hand sanitiser
- small, consistent groups of no more than 15-20 children
- one or two staff members max per group that should remain as consistent as possible
- regular cleaning of indoor spaces
- equipment cleaned between sessions
- encouraging older pupils to follow social distancing
- one-way system for parents and carers to collect
All payments are to be made via School Gateway so please do ensure you have downloaded the app.
Please email if you need help with any aspect of clubs bookings: email@example.com
Collection from clubs
Year 5 and Year 6 children may walk home by themselves if the school has received written permission from parents/carers. All children in other year groups must be collected by an adult promptly at the end of each session. If someone else other than yourself will be collecting your child, please email or telephone the school office to confirm this.
Pupil Premium – One free club up to £40
- Pupils eligible for Pupil Premium Funding are able to receive ONE FREE club per term at Fircroft (3 clubs over the academic year) at a maximum of £40 per club
- Please note there are no pre-allocation letters for PPG pupils this term, parents of pupils who are eligible for a free club should request a club through the same ParentMail online preference form
- If your circumstances have changed and you feel you may be eligible for Pupil Premium Funding, please speak to the school office
In the event of a class/bubble/school closure
As a school we cannot risk further financial losses therefore we have had to introduce the following policy:
- We are unable to offer refunds for missed sessions due to an individual child’s absence, the closure of a class, the closure of a ‘bubble’/year group or the closure of school
- In the event of a partial closure, the club would continue to take place for those children remaining in school
- In the event of a club losing ALL of its participants, tutors will try to replace with a remote club experience, however this will not be possible in all cases
Should you have any queries or suggestions please do email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Dance Club
This term, children participating in our new Indian Dance Clubs performed for the first time in our Diwali Assemblies.