Mental Health and Wellbeing
Here at Fircroft we understand that the mental health and wellbeing of our children is just as important as their physical health.
We all have good and bad days and often experience a range of emotions in the course of a day. However, sometimes we find it hard to shake off these emotions, especially the negative ones.
Our aim at Fircroft is to help children understand that it is OK to not be OK and to provide them with the strategies and support they need to help them to navigate through these challenging times in their lives.
We will achieve this though:
- Our PSHE curriculum
- Raising awareness through assemblies and celebrating events such as ‘World Mental Health Day’ and ‘Children’s Mental Health Week’
- Sharing tips for good mental health
- Holding regular pupil voice meetings with the children
- Including mental health on the School Council agenda in every meeting
- Working in partnership with parents and carers where there is concern about mental health
- Signposting sources of external help and advice
- Recognising the importance of staff wellbeing and mental health
- Ensuring that all children know that we are here for them
If you are worried about your child’s mental health or wellbeing, please contact email@example.com
Further information and support can be found at the following websites: